I finished my fifth semester of school yesterday. I turned in a few pieces of paper in the morning, hopped in my car, and drove six hours away from my problems. Some call me a modern-day Jonah. Now before I block out the last four months, I will reflect upon the most important lessons I learned this semester.
- It is okay to admit your weaknesses. Letting people know where you need help may may make you vulnerable but it is the only way to get help.
- Worrying is stupid. One time I almost worried about when I would eat dinner, but I decided against worrying. And by gosh and by golly, my professor provided an Olive Garden meal for us during class. It is as if the lesson to be learned is that my professor can read my thoughts.
- Do not be afraid to answer questions in law classes. You will never know your answer is wrong if you just think it to yourself quietly.
- Pretty people are more persuasive. Sucks, doesn’t it?
- Taller people are also more persuasive.
- Getting started on projects earlier makes for a lighter load in the long-run. There is no surprise there. There is also still a high probability of me procrastinating in the future.
- Some people have not seen Legally Blonde. How they are surviving, I am not quite sure.
- Writing in the passive voice is weak and I finally learned how to not do it. I will still write in the passive voice on accident so give me some grace.
- Nice people meet and get married because of Christian Mingle. Just FYI.
- Wild turkeys are not afraid to jump on houses.
- Always call your mom. She wants to talk. I promise.
- You don’t have to be quiet in the library. The lady at the circulation desk has no power over your volume.
- I like writing blogs. I do not like writing news articles.
- Asking never hurts.
- Grocery stores could coax me into buying pumpkin pie spice at any price so I can bake the best cookies in the world: pumpkin oatmeal double chocolate chip cookies.
- I have no idea what I want to do with my life. If you have any ideas or want to hire me, let me know.
That is all. If I learn anything else in the future, you will be the first to know. Until then, I will be watching Rogue One and drinking hot chocolate.